Frequently Asked Questions
1. Who can benefit from the products of Ocean Seas Dermatology?
Ocean Seas Dermatology products are for any teenager or adult who has mild to moderate acne or hormonal breakouts.
2. What types of acne does Ocean Seas Dermatology Cleanser treat?
Ocean Seas Dermatology Cleanser treats mild to moderate inflammatory and non-inflammatory acne. This includes pimples, whiteheads and blackheads, and also the breakouts of women seen during the monthly cycle.
3. How does Ocean Seas Dermatology Cleanser clear my acne?
Ocean Seas Dermatology Cleanser works to stop acne in three ways. First, it opens up the pores of the skin that were blocked and started the whole problem. Second, it reduces the skin oil called sebum that gets built up. Third, it kills the bacteria in the blocked pore that cause acne.
4. What is in Ocean Seas Dermatology Sea Treatment Solution?
Ocean Seas Dermatology Sea Treatment Solution is synthetic sea water made using pharmaceutical grade minerals and elements to precisely match the Dead Sea which is ocean water with a very high level of magnesium. This product is Ocean Seas Dermatology Sea Treatment Solution and this is now patented to treat acne.
This was developed when the scientists and doctors of Ocean Seas Dermatology researched what could be in the ocean water to make the skin look so great when they are at the beach all the time. This led to the patents and also to clinical trials performed through the FDA.
5. Why are probiotics included with the products of Ocean Seas Dermatology?
Probiotics are live bacteria that live in your digestive tract. They are provided by Ocean Seas Dermatology because research has shown that people with acne are healthier when they take probiotics. An amazing fact is that we have more bacteria in our digestive tracts (stomach and intestines) than we have cells in our bodies. Yes, humans have more bacteria than cells! When these are ‘bad’ bacteria they cause problems. When they are the good bacteria that you get with Ocean Seas Dermatology Probiotics they give you health. Studies have also shown that probiotics help the appearance of the skin for people with acne.
6. Can I purchase individual products of Ocean Seas Dermatology?
At this time Ocean Seas Dermatology only markets a one month or a three month supply of all three products. We are convinced this is the best way for people with acne to look and be healthy.
7. How long does it take to work?
Clinical trials for acne products are usually done for three months when evaluating effectiveness. However, benefits are often seen in four to six weeks. The reason for the delay is that acne lesions from under the skin take many weeks to surface. Some people can even have temporary breakouts early in the treatment and can be discouraged. You will see a clear and radiant complexion if you treat consistently.
However, if your skin does not look better after eight weeks, you may have a different type of acne called cystic acne which can cause scarring and may need more aggressive treatment by a local dermatologist.
8. Do I keep using the products of Ocean Seas Dermatology once my skin looks clear?
Acne can be treated and prevented, but it is a chronic condition that typically lasts many years for teenagers. If you stop using the products, the acne is likely to come back.
9. Can I use Ocean Seas Dermatology Cleanser on parts of my body other than my face?
Ocean Seas Dermatology Cleanser can be used on your face, chest, neck, shoulders or back. However the active ingredient benzoyl peroxide can bleach colored clothes in contact with these areas.
10. Can the products of Ocean Seas Dermatology be used by pregnant or nursing women?
The ingredients contained in the products of Ocean Seas Dermatology have not been found to cause any adverse side effects in pregnant or nursing women, However we recommend that you always check with your doctor if you are pregnant or nursing.
11. Does Ocean Seas Dermatology Cleanser or Ocean Seas Dermatology Sea Treatment solution have any side effects?
Side effects are mild and infrequent but may include drying or irritation. If you are hypersensitive or allergic to benzoyl peroxide you should not use Ocean Seas Dermatology Cleanser.
12. Are the products of Ocean Seas Dermatology designed to treat all ethnicities and skin types?
Yes. These products can be used for all ethnicities and all skin types.
13. Does Ocean Seas Dermatology Cleanser treat cystic or nodular acne?
No. A local dermatologist should treat severe cystic or nodular acne.
14. What is the active ingredient in Ocean Seas Dermatology Cleanser?
Benzoyl peroxide has been shown to be safe and effective by the FDA
15. Are any of the products of Ocean Seas Dermatology tested on animals?
No, there is no testing on animals.
16. Can I return my products?
There are no returns.